With fully glazed ultra-transparent façades offering 360-degree panoramic views of Cork City Centre, the Docklands and the River Lee, local Architects Reddy Architecture + Urbanism, used the iconic Flatiron Building on New York’s Fifth Avenue as one of the inspirations for The Prism design.
The floor to ceiling super clear vision glass provides an optimum combination of very high light transparency with low-reflectivity, solar protection and thermal insulation for a pleasant ambient indoor climate throughout the year. The glass walls will be complimented with a textured stainless-steel element, adding to the ‘crystalline’ effect of the overall building.
THE FUTURE OF WORKPLACE
How will COVID-19 influence the new workplace ecosystem?
According to recent research by Cushman & Wakefield, the new post-pandemic working environment entails a total workplace ecosystem with a variety of locations and experiences to support convenience, functionality and well-being. While remote working policies will be expanded to balancing office, home and third places, the office will remain a critical driver of culture, learning, and personal connections. Balancing the impact of social distancing on density with less office-based headcount demand will likely not affect current footprint sizes and offices will continue to thrive but in new ways.
The Prism design lends itself to easily align with these concepts, as our development embraces:
- Intelligent building design which is conducive to a healthy workspace; creating a ‘hospital-grade’ work environment.
- Integration of voice-activated and touch-less automation in the main reception, lobbies and common areas; all of which shall be fully integrated with other smart building technologies. Inclusion of easy-clean surfaces and antiviral materials.
- HVAC system fully isolated between tenancies with individual direct fresh air intake per tenant space.
- Individually isolated bathrooms for each tenant space with touch-less technology.
- Floor plans which allow for great flexibility, permitting tenants to promote their company culture, encourage team collaboration, become staff training hubs, social centres and promote greater productivity and connectiveness to the company.
- Floor plates allow for social distancing workstation design, greater privacy for employees and a touch-free environment.
Therefore, it is our belief, The Prism will undoubtedly serve the new purpose of the office: to provide an inspiring destination that strengthens cultural connection, learning, bonding with customers and colleagues, while fostering creativity and innovation, with the primary focus on employee well-being and safety.
“Through the height and shape of the building, our goal is to produce an iconic piece of architecture that has a sense of bravura in the use of cantilevers and curved high-tech glass that we believe will be an attractive and iconic addition to Cork City’s projected growing skyline.”
Sean Kearns, Reddy Architecture + Urbanism